Summer Russian and Ukrainian Language Program
Program duration: 2, 3, or 4 weeks
Starting dates: July , August.
Accommodations students' choices : host family, modern university dormitory, or separate studio apartment (extra fee).
Levels available: Beginner, Elementary, Intermediate, and Advanced
Class schedule 20 lessons per week, Mon - Fri 9:00 am - 1:00 pm.
45 min. lessons + breaks
Class size max. 4 students
Program fee Depends on length of program:
2 weeks - $850 USD
3 weeks - $1100 USD
4 weeks - $1400 USD
Included in program fee - non-refundable registration fee ($120 USD) due six weeks before beginning of course
- placement test
- 20 hours of in-class instruction a week
- visa support
- accommodation with a host family (breakfast included)*
- transfer to and from airport or railway station
- certificate of program completion
- at least one weekend sightseeing tour
*other accommodation options may require a supplementary charge
**more weekend tours will be included if group size permits
Weekend tours - tour of downtown Kyiv, including Orange Revolution sites
- tours of Kyiv's many ancient churches and monasteries
- museum tours: World War II museum, Pirohovo museum of traditional architecture, Chornobyl museum
- tours of Ukrainian art gallery, Mariinsky Palace, and the botanical garden
*at students' request these tours may be substituted for longer tours to other cities such as Lviv, Odesa or Chernihiv (for an additional charge)
Social activities Program organizers will make sure participants have chances to meet people and attend cultural and sporting events.
Optional afternoon classes - Ukrainian and Russian cuisine
- Traditional Ukrainian Easter egg painting (Pysanka eggs)
- Matrioshka painting
- Traditional Ukrainian embroidery and woodcarving
- Ukrainian (Russian) traditional dancing and singing classes